Saturday, May 29, 2010

My dearest family! 5/28/10

Well this will be a short email that mostly will be directed to my beautiful family. My heart is very tender as I think of you all together this week for the wonderful event of Tara and Zach's wedding. How incredible is it to see the love two people can have for each other! I think it gives everyone a little bit more hope in the many things which we take for granted. I am so grateful I get to be here at Temple Square and literally see God's love for ALL of his children, sometimes they don't recognize it, but that love is there. I hope that you have so much fun this week taking pictures and being crazy. I don't want you to worry about me or be sad that I am not there because I love being here on my mission. I really can't imagine anything greater that the Lord could have me doing. I just think of how our family is eternal which means that we have to sacrifice a little bit along the way to make that possible. One of the sister's here just heard that her cousin was killed dismantling a bomb in Afghanistan last week. My heart was touched as I saw her courage and faith through something that is very difficult. She knows this is the Lord's plan and that they will all see their dear cousin once again. What an amazing plan that Lord has for us! Tara and Zach are just beginning this eternal plan and I couldn't be more happy or excited for them!! This Thursday during those fun hours of pictures, people, temple, food, ect... I will be walking around the Temple gounds sharing with many people that they could also have this joy in their lives! In the MTC there is a quote which reads, "Missionary- a person who leaves their family for a time, to bring other families together for eternity". I love that because even though it's hard, the blessing's don't even compare. I love you family! Have so much fun this week and really enjoy that time that you have together! I am there in spirit... seriously. Catie is pretty much my twin anyway.. so she can make up for me :)

Yesterday, to conclude Zone Conference, we spent the morning in the temple with 1/2 of the missionaries. I was able to participate in a session, then baptisms, then sealings. The spirit was so incredible and I was just overwhelmed with gratitude for my many many blessing's as a daughter of God. I know that this time during my mission is helping me to realize our potential as children of God which is endless! I know that the church is true with all of my heart. I can't believe that this wednesday marks my halfway point on my mission. I never want to leave! So.. I will continue making the best of my time here.

Love you all! Have a wonderful fun-filled week, I will be thinking of you! Tara and Zach..... you make me sick.. in a really good way . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment