Friday, June 11, 2010

T2 6/11/10




How is it already Friday again?! Time is flying by, I can't believe it! Transfers for us are a week and a half away, crazy! Well this last Tuesday we had another RC pump up day and it went really well. We did it a little bit different this time as we were less "logistical" and more spiritual. We spent the first 10 minutes of the hour sharing our personal testimonies of the Atonement and how we should use it in the RC. We has 6 groups throughout the day and each time we shared it was a little bit different. Really cool to see how the spirit helped us to know what the sisters needed to hear! We still had slips of paper with a question they had to use and because of that had some amazing miracles! I called a girl in Texas and my question was "how can you come to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet?" I wasn't sure what her reaction was but she replied, "I guess I better read and pray about the Book of Mormon again!". Really. cool. The overall attitude in the RC has changed and sisters are a little bit more excited. I still am not satisfied with the result so we will keep working. The problem is that a lot of the sisters are SOOOO nervous to make calls! If they are nervous than they have a hard time following the spirit and teaching by the spirit.. so we will keep working on it. I feel so blessed to have always had such a love for the RC. I Love going in there and not knowing who I will talk to or what will happen, it's just pretty sweet.

Yesterday evening we were making calls and I was getting a little sleepy because no one was answering. I finally got a hold of this woman Sandra from CA. She had requested to receive "Finding Faith in Christ" so I was calling to make sure she received it. As we talked I learned that she ordered it a year ago and hadn't heard from anyone since then. I began teaching her about the Savior and the Restoration. We had THE BEST discussion and got to know each other really well. After sharing the restoration I asked "So Sandra what do you think? How does it make you feel to know that God has called a Prophet again in these days" and she replied "This is exactly what I have been looking for! Thank you!" She got a little emotional and said that she never answers her phone anymore but for some reason answered. Sooooo.. the missionaries will be visiting her soon with the Book of Mormon, and I told her I would call in a few weeks to make sure they found her.. HAPPY!

We also spent a lot of time on the Square this week! We usually have about 3-4 hours a day which is really good. There are sooooo many people here it is crazy! The new Temple display has caused a lot of traffic which we love. We had two older couples here yesterday from CA and they had watched all of the movies (Joseph Smith, Legacy, and Testaments) and were on their way to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsal. You could see how they were just basking in the spirit and wanted to learn more. BUT... they didn't refer??? Now.. how does that happen! One of the women asked me "Now how do I get me one of those Book of Mormon's" I said "Here! Have mine!!" I think she would have taken it... hah but they just refused to have missionaries come and share more in their homes. BUT it's okay because we know that people have their agencies and that just coming to Temple Square is a million steps in front of where they left off.

I love this work! I love the Gospel! I am continually trying to strengthen my faith so I will be a more powerful instrument in the Lord's hands!

"And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me". - Moroni 7:33

LOVES- Sister Carly Jo Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment